When it comes to lipsticks – I think no other brand has so much variety than MAC.
MAC is, and has always been, one of the most exciting makeup companies on the market. I have developed a certain preference for MAC, this is because I never had any bad experience with their lipsticks. Instead it exceeded my expectations. The brand makes some of my favourite lipsticks, and I am forever buying new ones. MAC offers over 200 colors nuances in different textures.
Here are the eight most popular finishes they offer:
- Amplified: highly pigmented, long-wearing, smooth, don’t dry your lips out
- Cremesheen: creamy,glossy, aren’t as pigmented as the other lipsticks, but are by no means sheer, hydrating
- Frost: medium coverage, medium gloss, shimmery, provide a frost-like finish
- Glaze: the most sheer of all the lipsticks, glaze finish
- Lustre: same as the glaze finish, are slightly more pigmented
- Matte: highly pigmented, long-wearing, little moisture
- Retro Matte: intense pigmentation, long-wearing, drying formula
- Satin: long-wearing, high pigmentation without being as drying as their matte
Swatches of my favourite MAC-lipsticks:
From up to down:
- Matte in “D for Danger”
- Retro Matte in “All Fired Up”
- Lustre in “Lustering”
- Retro Matte in “Nutcracker Rouge”
- Satin in “Captive”
- Satin in “Retro”
- Matte in “Taupe”
I use “Retro” and “Captive”daily for everyday life. Some of the best and most exciting colours come in the satin finish. Sometimes I even mix two colors to create a new one.
What is your favorite MAC color/finish?
Lots of love,