Many of you asked for it – so here you go. In this Blog post I will give you tips how you can start blogging based on my experience. I started with my Instagram Profile almost 2 years ago. The reason why I started was easy: I love Make-up and I wanted to share my experiences with everyone. There were already many Bloggers in Austria at that moment, but there was no Blogger who was brown and with Pakistani roots. I knew I wanted to start Blogging for a long time ago but I didn’t knew how. To be honest, I didn’t do that much research and one day out of nothing I created my beauty profile on Instagram. I hardly knew how to make pictures and what to take care of. I just shared which products I liked and if I would recommend them or not. If you do have some time, check my first Postings which I made and you will know how my first pictures looked. Last year January (2017) I created my own Blog and didn’t knew how this will go. I just did it. And I am glad I did it – because through Blogging I got the chance to meet some amazing people and made amazing experiences. I made new friends and I always know when the newest product launches will be. Plus Blogging has become my favorite hobby.
How to start your own Blog
- First of all before starting with your own Blog, ask yourself why you want to start it? What do you want to achieve? My aim was to help others to make an informed decision before making any purchase and Make-up was my passion. If your aim is to get rich or famous through Blogging then this is the wrong goal.
- What do you want to share? What do you want to show? I always knew that my main focus will be the Make-up products. In the beginning I didn’t wanted to share pictures of me with the whole world. But know I am comfortable sharing my pictures. I want my followers to know who the person is behind the profile they are following. Identify your niche.
- Be sure before you start with it that it will take time before you see any success. Blogging is very time-consuming and it isn’t something that one day you are going to wake up with over 30.000 Followers on Instagram (well, you can if you buy fake followers). When I started with my Blog, I was working full time and whenever I came home, I had to think of the content I wanted to create.
- Success takes time – keep in mind that you need to carry on even if you don’t see any success. Many fresh bloggers stop after approx. 6 months when they don’t see anything. Most of the new bloggers give up too early.
- NEVER buy fake followers. Whoever is in this blogging sector knows if you bought fake followers or not. And nowadays it is so easy to find it out. If you give me a profile name I can tell you in seconds if the account has fake followers and likes. And Bloggers talk with other Bloggers and so does the PR Managers. Don’t ruin your reputation!
- Blogging should make you fun. I love taking pictures of products and it gives me the possibility to be creative of how I want to put the product in the focus of attention. Even when I come back home after a long day of work, I love creating new content for my Blog and Instagram. It is just like a therapy for me.
- The most asked question I got was how to gain followers. Instagram made it really hard to grow. It changes it’s algorithm again and again. It wants to you to invest more in Ads. The answer I would give is: create amazing content, keep connected to your followers, use good hashtags, engage with others, like other’s pictures and comment on them.
- Sometimes there are days where I lack of inspiration. When I don’t feel like my Blog is growing. But then I like to inspire myself from other bloggers/influencers. I have made some amazing Blogger friends and we push each other. We do shootings together and help each other at creating amazing content. So make sure you always motivate yourself and ask your friends to keep you motivated.
- The Blogging also has it’s other side, like getting in contact with people who leave you a negative or rude comment and might try to put you down. You need to decide for yourself how to deal with these situations. Thankfully I never had a big issue and I don’t let me put myself down by someone else. I have goals which I want to achieve and I can’t allow to distract myself by someone else’s negativity.
These were my tips I would give before you decide to start your own Blog. I hope I summed up the important points. If you still have any questions, then just leave a comment or message me on Instagram.